The Classic Quilts, Traditional Techniques bundle brings together 4 project books perfect for the traditional quilter. From string, to sampler, to heirloom, to cross-stitched quilts, this special shrinkwrapped book bundle offers instruction on completing unique, classic quilts, all at a special discount of over 50% off the retail price!
In this bundle you'll find:
Patchwork & Stitchery
12 Quilt Projects With Embroidered Twists
By Carol Phillipson
Patchwork & Stitchery combines the joys of traditional pieced and appliqué quiltmaking and the art of stitchery to create quilts with a special touch. Carol Phillipson shares her love of quiltmaking and needlework and teaches you how to make playful quilts and wall hangings inspired by ancient Agean culture, lush gardens, milestones of life and more! You'll find:
- Step-by-step techniques for quilting, appliqué, cross-stitch and embroidery (including sashiko and blackwork), as well as ideas for planning your own unique quilts.
- 12 pieced quilt projects, featuring detailed instructions for quilting work, with complete cross-stitch charts.
- CD includes 100 cross-stitch designs, appliqué templates and piecing templates in BITMAP, JPEG and PDF formats for guiding you to create your own beautiful work.
String Quilt Revival: A Fresh Approach for 13 Classic Designs
Part of the Create With Nancy Series
by Virginia Baker, Barbara Sanders and Nancy Zieman
String quilts have been around for centuries, but in String Quilt Revival, this time-tested artform is given a new life! Learn how to sew a variety of string quilt blocks by following clear step-by-step instructions, and discover a new type of foundation: no-show mesh stabilizer, which minimizes distortion of the blocks and doesn't need to be removed. It's a no-fuss approach to quilting that's sure to become a favorite.
- This technique, perfect for beginners and skilled quilters alike, produces beautiful results without the worry of precision piecing.
- Thirteen unique and beginner-friendly string quilting projects (no precision-piecing!) from potholders and pillow shams to queen-size quilts, each featuring a different string block in a fresh and fun colorway.
- Clear, in-depth techniques, from color and pattern selection to two methods of quilt binding, ensure a stunning finished project.
- Bonus DVD hosted by Nancy Zieman showing you the techniques in action!
Update your quilting library and rediscover a time-honored artform in String Quilt Revival!
How to Create an Heirloom Quilt
By Pauline Ineson
Learn how to create the stunning heirloom quilt that has been awarded around the world, while discovering more than thirty sewing machine techniques in the process. Nine beautiful panels form each section of the quilt, and at the end of each chapter you can hone your skills by creating a variety of projects, from cushions and bags to Christmas stockings and album covers. Whether you want to learn new techniques or brush up on your quilting skills, the comprehensive step-by-step technique advice and invaluable tips and tricks will help you along the way. Stylish photography and easy-to-follow layouts complete the package, making this book essential for anyone who wants sophisticated results from straightforward machine techniques.
The Essential Sampler Quilt Book
By Lynne Edwards
Discover a beautiful celebration of the sampler quilt from one of the world's best-loved quilters. This book offers 40 blocks with full step-by-step instruction and diagrams, perfect for beginners and those quilters wishing to expand their repertoire. The beautiful photographs of sampler quilts plus Lynne Edwards' friendly teaching style make this a reference work you'll treasure. Techniques include machine- and hand-piecing, traditional patchwork and appliqué.