Proper training is an uphill battle, but The Only Dog Training Book You'll Ever Need
cuts through all the frustration and boils it down to the basics. With useful tips and quick fixes that will put a stop to all sorts of bad habits, this easy-to-use book helps owners build solid relationships with their dogs based on positive reinforcement, trust, and obedience-not punishment or fear. New and longtime dog owners learn how to:
- Use click-and-treat techniques to grab the attention of even the most distracted pup
- Teach a wannabe sled dog to quit pulling on the leash and start heeling
- Stop an overeager greeter from tackling visitors by teaching him to sit, stay, and lie down instead
- Deter a motormouth from chomping through every shoe in sight by encouraging alternate behavior and providing adequate exercise
- Beat a determined digger at her own game by building a doggie sandbox
- Help a fearful, clingy pooch cut the cord by boosting his confidence with consistent training
A must-have for owners who want to start their new pup off on the right paw-or those who need to curb their disobedient dog's unwieldy ways-The Only Dog Training Book You'll Ever Need
is a handy and reliable guide that dog owners will turn to time and again.
Gerilyn J. Bielakiewicz is the co-founder of the successful dog training school, Canine University®, which has been featured on NBC, CBS, and WB affiliates, as well as in print media. With more than seventeen years of experience and extensive knowledge of animal learning theory, she is also a professional member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, a member of Therapy Dogs International, and a field instructor for Paws with a Cause, which trains hearing and service dogs.